It’s 85 degrees and sunny. You’ve got the top down, are wearing your cutest summer romper, and are blissfully headed to the beach. Until—ouch!—that blister from your new sandals causes to wince in pain and you begin to contemplate just how insane it might be to hop on one foot. Hey, if Lisa Turtle could do it…
We’ve all bought shoes that feel “like walking on a cloud” at the store and are positively deadly after three hours of wearing them on the pavement. It’s par for the course (especially when it comes to strappy sandals). But with these six easy shoe hacks in your back pocket, using things you already have lying around the house, you’ll be ready for just about anything. (Or at least until you can get to them to be repaired by a professional shoemaker.)
1. How to Avoid Blisters: Apply stick deodorant to sensitive areas, like the backs of the heels and the outsides of your big toes, where shoes tend to rub, before wearing them. The deodorant will help ease the friction until you break your shoes in.
2. Stinky Shoes No More: Spray a bit of dry shampoo inside your shoes in the morning before wearing. The same magic that sops up the excess oils in your hair, will also help keep your feet dry and powder fresh.
3. Fix a Too-Tight Straps Across Your Foot or Toes: Fill a plastic bag with water, seal it, and pop it into your shoes. Leave them in the freezer over night, and voilà! Your shoes have been stretched. Please note, however that once you stretch your shoes, you can’t “un-stretch” them. So, be sure you need stretching before you do it yourself. Or, take your pricier shoes to be professionally stretched.
4. For a Broken Flip-Flop: Don’t you hate it when the strap of your thong pulls through the sole? It pretty much leaves you immobilized. Solution? Always keep a couple of plastic tabs that come with a loaf of bread at the supermarket. If your strap pulls through the sole, just affix the plastic tab to the bottom of the shoe and pop the tab through to secure it. The plastic tab will lock it in in place until you can get home and change out of your broken shoes.
5. How to Keep Your White Sneakers Clean: Grab a toothbrush and some white vinegar to delicately spot clean small stains out of your white sneaks. A little goes a long way here, so start dabbing at the stain with just a touch of vinegar and use more as needed.
6. No More Slippery Sandals: Have you ever slipped and fallen poolside wearing a new pair of sandals? You’re not alone (me, pool party, so many people, injury, not cute). Rub the soles of your new shoes lightly with sandpaper. It’ll give you that friction you’re looking for. No sandpaper? Do what fashion editors do on set: score the the soles of your shoes in an X pattern with a pair of scissors. A few scores on each shoe should do just the trick.
You actually make it appear so easy together with your presentation but I in finding this matter to be actually one thing that I think I might by no means understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I’m having a look forward to your subsequent put up, I’ll try to get the hold of it!|
These are actually fantastic ideas in regarding blogging. You have touched some good things here. Any way keep up wrinting.|
Hurrah, that’s what I was searching for, what a stuff! present here at this web site, thanks admin of this web page.|
An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who had been conducting a little research on this. And he actually ordered me breakfast because I stumbled upon it for him… lol. So let me reword this…. Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this matter here on your blog.|
Why users still make use of to read news papers when in this technological globe all is existing on net?|
Hi! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from an established blog. Is it very difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Thank you|
I have been surfing on-line more than 3 hours as of late, yet I by no means discovered any attention-grabbing article like yours. It’s beautiful worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content material as you did, the internet shall be much more helpful than ever before.|
I every time used to study paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of internet therefore from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.|
Spot on with this write-up, I actually feel this site needs a great deal more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read through more, thanks for the info!|
I’m amazed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and engaging, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy that I stumbled across this in my hunt for something regarding this.|
Helpful information. Fortunate me I discovered your web site by accident, and I’m stunned why this coincidence didn’t happened in advance! I bookmarked it.|
I really like reading through an article that will make men and women think. Also, thank you for permitting me to comment!|
Very shortly this website will be famous among all blogging people, due to it’s good articles or reviews|
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.|
I think the admin of this web site is in fact working hard for his site, because here every data is quality based information.|
First off I would like to say terrific blog! I had a quick question that I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I have had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out. I truly do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any suggestions or hints? Appreciate it!|
Hi, I check your blog daily. Your story-telling style is awesome, keep up the good work!|
It’s very easy to find out any matter on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this paragraph at this website.|
I’m not sure where you are getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this information for my mission.|
Greetings I am so delighted I found your site, I really found you by accident, while I was browsing on Yahoo for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the great work.|
Today, I went to the beach with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said “You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear.” She placed the shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!|
I’m gone to convey my little brother, that he should also go to see this webpage on regular basis to obtain updated from latest reports.|
Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share. Kudos!|
My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!|
I blog often and I genuinely thank you for your information. The article has really peaked my interest. I will bookmark your site and keep checking for new details about once per week. I opted in for your RSS feed too.|
Hello my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, nice written and come with approximately all important infos.
I would like to see more posts like this .
Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using?
I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having
a tough time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and
Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!