Spied at the at the Americana at Brand in Glendale, US 2007 American Idol star, Jordin Sparks looked radiant and super Spring-like while filming a segment of Who Wore It Better for E! News (despite what else has been going on at the channel), landing herself the title of Beauty Spot of the Week here at SPICE.
When you’re as gorgeous and successful as Jordin Sparks, it’s probably not difficult to look this good, but decked out in a floral-patterned pants and black crop top from American Apparel, the “No Air” hit maker took breath away with her style, though it was the 25-year-old’s beauty look specifically that caught our attention;
The star’s fresh look was made up of her cool “sombré” hair ‘do (that’s ‘subtle ombré’), coiffed into loose, ‘girl-next-door’ waves, and on-trend ‘barely-there’ make-up crafted by celebrity MUA, Tasha Brown.
What made this look pop most was a complimentary swipe of pink lipstick from Smashbox Cosmetics, which we on Team SPICE are now looking to add to our makeup bags, pronto.
Get the Look
To get Ms Sparks’ pretty pout, we recommend adding Smashbox’s lipstick in “Pink Petal,” ($20 here) to your collection and follow the simple step-by-step, below;
1. To complete your beauty look, finish your made-up face with a little lip balm to ensure smooth lipstick application.
2. Next, line the lips with a lip pencil in the same shade or a slightly darker hue, a la Ms Sparks, correcting any errors as you go.
3. Apply your lipstick to your pout, smoothing the colour across your lips afterwards with your finger or a lip brush.
4. Blot your lips with a tissue to lift any excess lipstick.
5. Apply one more layer of lipstick by gently dabbing the lipstick across your pout to build up the hue’s depth.
6. Lastly, pop your finger in your mouth, close your lips and remove your finger, which will make sure that you don’t get any lipstick on your teeth while showing off your finished makeup look!
Et voila! You’re just as pretty as Jordin Sparks (or at least we can all hope to be)… Show us your attempts on Twitter or Instagram, tagging @SPICETVAFRICA.
Image source: Dailymail.co.uk, @Jordinsparks, Smashbox.com