Temi Otedola, the youngest daughter of Nigerian oil magnate Femi Otedola and founder of fashion art and photography blog JTO Fashion, has kicked up a beauty storm with new pictures from a recent photoshoot titled “The Braided Crown”.
Captured by Ayo Ipinayo, the sister to DJ Cuppy and singer WuMi, Ms Otedola nailed the nude look, with makeup by Ndubuisi Peggy. But, despite the fabulously dewy glow of her skin, the hair ‘do by Dupe Talabi stole the show, landing Temi a place as our Beauty Spot this week.
Get the Look
Got mid-to-long hair (shoulder length at least) and a knack for braids? Then this braided up-do might take all of 10 minutes, but for beginners, it can be a bit tricky. Don’t worry though – Team SPICE has a few tricks for you to achieve the look here below.
– Start by dividing your hair into two sections – one on either side of your head. You can part your hair in the center, or try a side parting, but either way, just make sure you divide the back of your hair down the middle to keep things even on both sides.
– Spray some dry texture spray from mid-lengths to ends. We love KMS California “Free Shape Dry Flex 2-In-1 Styling And Finishing Spray”, N1,200 here
– Next, taking one of the two sections of hair, braid the hair into a classic three-strand braid, from the ear down all the way to the ends, and secure with a clear elastic band. Braid the right side of the hair the same way.
– Take one of the braids up and over the top of your head as far as it will reach, pinning along the top of it with bobby pins. Bring the right braid up in the same way, crossing over the braid you’ve pinned. Secure this second braid in the same way, with bobby pins, and try to hide the ends by tucking them under the braids and securing with pins.
– Gently pull apart the braids for extra volume and a perfect ‘messy’ look. To go even softer and more romantic, try pulling a few strands of hair out to frame the face.
Et voila – you’ve a braided crown to rival any queen. But tell us what you think to Temi Otedola’s braided up-do, or show us your attempts online by tagging us @SPICETVAFRICA.
Image source: Jtofashion.com, Jumia.com.ng