Just like the 70’s, and 80’s 2017 is also really big on trends that are totally DIY friendly. From the appliqués, ripped denims, make shift jackets etc these trends have proven to be friendly with the bank account for those of us who really can’t afford to spurge on these new looks. For today’s DIY we will be sharing step by step guidelines on how to make your very own embellished denim.
- Studs or appliqués
- Fabric glue or a glue gun
- An iron
- a piece of handkerchief
- Lay your denim straight on a flat surface, with the area you want to bedazzle layed upfront
- Try out placing the appliqués on the selected areas to be sure it is properly placed and know if it will come out well
- If you are using an appliqué, plug in your glue gun, and when it gets hot, pump out a decent amount all over the appliqué and place it on the desired area. This method is also to be applied for embellishments that are glue stick ons.
- If the embellishment is a pin stick on, place the embellishment on the desired area, push in the pin inside the opposite side of the denim, turn in the denim and use a pliers to flatten the sharp ends of the pin in place. Repeat this process until you are done with your desired pattern.
- If you are using an iron, apply fabric glue on applique, place the applique or desired embellishment on chosen area, then place piece of handkerchief over the applique and place hot iron over it for a minute or two.