Let’s say today is our cheat day, of course we are allowed to eat whatever we want, but then again we don’t want to overdo it. So we have come to resolution of mixing healthy with well.. Some heavily creamy ingredients to give you the recipe for this week’s Foodie Friday meal.
We will be sharing the recipe on how to make a creamy chicken pasta salad, and we hope you like it and try it out. Don’t forget to share your review in the comment section just below this article.
What you need. (Salad)
- 3 cups of pasta
- 1/3 Cabbage (thinly sliced or grated)
- 1 Carrot (same as above)
- Boneless Barbecue chicken
- Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 sticks of celery (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup of parsley leaves (chopped)
For Salad Dressing
- 3 teaspoons of mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons of sour cream
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- Pour pasta in a pot of boiling water, and allow to cook until pasta is tender. You can add half a tea spoon of salt and a tea spoon of oil, if you please. Strain the water from pasta and set aside.
- In the absence of boneless bbq chicken, you can use regular bbq chicken, simply take out the bone and skin then shred the flesh into a bowl big enough to take all the other salad ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, pour in all the salad dressing ingredients, mix well, and then set aside.
- Run cold water over pasta and strain excess water, pour pasta into the bowl of shredded chicken, add all the other ingredients for the salad and mix together.
- Add salad dressing and mix together, serve with desired cocktail or mocktail of choice.