We are still in the New Year vibes, so we will be sharing a fresh recipe to try out with your loved one (s) over the weekend. For this week’s foodie Friday we will be sharing the recipe for what we call Minced Ram in Yam Balls.
Minced Ram in Yam Balls.
- Minced ram meat – ½ kilo
- Yam- diced
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Fresh Ginger – 1 tbs
- Bell pepper – diced
- Onions – 1 whole one, diced.
- Flour- ½ gram (slightly seasoned)
- Eggs – 4 pieces (whisked)
- Butter 2 tps
- Seasoning – to taste
- Boil diced yam until it is soft, pour in a strainer and set aside
- In a pan, add butter, and minced ram meat and allow to steam for 3-5 minutes, then strain out excess water.
- Add the diced bell peppers, onions, garlic ginger and seasoning, stair and leave for another 3 minutes
- Mash boiled yam until smooth
- Add the sauce and mix together, scope out small portions and roll into a ball
- Dip rolled yam balls in egg then in flour
- Drop on a deep fryer, and allow to fry for 3 minutes
- Serve hot with dipping of choice.