As exciting and less stressful as it is to eat out, you sometimes get tired of it and crave a homemade meal. For this week’s Friday foodie, we will be sharing the recipe of a three course meal, infused with some aphrodisiac foods to excite your taste buds and satisfy your cravings.
APPETIZER- SPICY FISH SOUP
Crocker or catfish (diced and thoroughly cleaned)
Ginger (a small clove)
Garlic (a small clove)
Onions ( 1 medium size)
Fresh Chilli pepper ( 3-5 pieces)
Pepper soup mixture
Potato ( parboiled)
Veggie of choice
- Roughly Blend the garlic, onions, ginger and chilli, then set aside.
- Put already cleaned fish in a deep pot and add enough water to cover the fish.
- Put pot on cooker and set medium heat
- Add the chilli pepper paste, the per boiled potatoes and pepper soup mixture, salt and stock cubes to taste.
- Cover pot and allow to boil 5-8 minutes.
- Add carrots 5 minutes before fish is ready.
- Add the green veggie a minute before the fish is ready.
Serve hot with fresh bread buns.
MAIN DISH- SWEET AND SOUR SOURCE WITH BASMATI RICE
Chicken breasts (diced)
Fresh Ginger, garlic and onion paste
honey 1 tsp
Vinegar 1 tbs
White pepper 1/2 tbs
Green and red bell peppers (diced in chunks)
Onions (diced in chunks)
Corn starch or flour
- Marinate diced chicken in ginger garlic and onions paste overnight.
- Slightly boil marinated chicken for about 3 minutes
- Sieve and set stock aside
- In a non stick pan, add oil and heat. Add chicken in heated oil and allow to brown.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside
- Add chicken stock, vinegar, white pepper, honey, pineapples and allow sauce to boil for 3 minutes
- Add the red and green peppers, and onions to sauce, stir until sauce is properly reduced.
- Add corn starch to sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken, stir in and allow to boil for 4-5 minutes
- Serve with Boiled Basmati rice and a glass of cold wine.
DESSERT- CHOCOLATE AND BANANA MILKSHAKE
Sliced frozen bananas
Vanilla ice cream
Dates ( 4 piece)
Powdered milk ( 2 tbs)
- Pour frozen bananas, chocolate chip, dates, vanilla ice cream, and powdered milk into a blend and blend until smooth.
- Serve in a cup, add crumbled chocolates chips and whipped cream.
- I wish you all the steamy and sensational results that come with the post consumption effects of aphrodisiac foods.