Carica papaya popularly known as Paw Paw or Papaya is a tropical fruit in the Genus Carica family of the Caricaceae. It is said to have originated in the tropics of Americas. Raw papaya pulp contains 88% water, 11% carbohydrates. Asides from been eaten raw, papaya is used in the preparation of Thai and Indonesian cuisines. It also has amazingly effective skin benefits.
Some of the skin benefits of Papaya include
- Papaya scrub is ideal for combating blackheads
- It helps get rid of pimples
- Papaya contains papain enzymes, which helps get rid of dead skin cells
- It prevents clogging of the pores
- It helps slow down aging and wrinkling process.
- It is skin brightening and skin smoothing agent
- Papaya contains vitamin A, B, C, and E, magnesium and potassium, which supplies the skin with nutrients.