Shaving constantly can be really stressful and also pose a real threat to the health off your skin. Waxing is another alternative, but it can be real expensive and the hassle to get the right waxing spot can be a challenge. Persian Waxing or Sugar waxing as it is often referred to has been around since the 90’s. Sugaring is a more subtle method of waxing, costs a lot less and requires regular ingredients.
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 whole lemon
- 1/3 cup of water
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, lemon and water together into a paste
- Place a big pot on a your stove, burning on medium heat, then pour in the sugar paste
N.P (A big pot will prevent the paste from pouring out when the content starts to boil)
- The paste will start to bubble and boil, stir mildly with a wooden spoon
- Continue to stair until the paste looks golden brown and the consistency is a bit thick (Thicker than honey)
- Once you are have the right consistency (not to thick and not to runny)
- Allow to cool down for a bit then pour in a jar or a bowl and allow to cool down
How to apply
- Scoop out a chunk of the sugar wax and roll into a ball with your hands
- Massage the wax with your hands, then stretch it out, flatten it, then spread it on desired area
- If you are using a wax strip place it flat on the wax
- On the count of three, pull out the wax
- You can repeat this process with the same wax a couple of times. (until it is runny and soft)
- To reduce pain, apply pressure to waxed spot for a while.
- Apply fresh milk after waxing, to leave your skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated.