Ever heard of wearing your heart on your sleeve ? Well, now you can go one step further and wear 10 on your nails!
We’ve been feeling the love bug since Valentine’s Day last week and the heart-shaped manicure is an easy way to spread the love, giving your fingers some added appeal and a good reason for you to get your hands on any admirers you didn’t quite snare…
Suitable for nail art beginners and seasoned pro’s this easy-to-recreate nail art takes mere minutes to complete – just see our step-by-step, below;
What you’ll need:
How to do it:
1. If your nails are long, file the tips into rounded points – they’ll be the pointed end of your hearts. If your nails are on the short side, file them into a shape that’s as rounded as you can get.
2. Apply your clear base coat, which will help prevent your nails from becoming damaged or discoloured. Once that dries, add your neutral base colour.
3. Next, make your heart -shapes. Use the brush of your red polish to form a sort of half-circle shape, starting with a sweeping stroke from the outer edge of your nail that moves toward the centre.
4. Repeat that above step on the other side of your nail. Both half-circles should overlap in the middle, creating a heart. Add more red polish if necessary, to even out the edges or to make the colour brighter.
5. Once you’re satisfied with your heart tip, repeat the process on the rest of your nails. Let the polish dry for a bit before finishing them off with a protective top coat. And just like that, you’re ready to show them off to that special someone! Though maybe make sure they’re 100% dry before any hand-holding…
Image Source: Blog.nastygal.com, Sweetraspberryjam.blogspot.com