If you’re a nail art-lover working in a corporate environment, or just someone who prefers your manicure simple with a twist, then you need to try out the outline manicure.
Like a little black dress or the perfect pair of patent, nude stiletto’s you just can’t go wrong with this one. So let’s begin;
– Scotch tape
– Two nail polishes – a darker colour and a lighter colour
– A top coat
- First, start by painting two coats of the darker color over each nail, letting the polish dry completely.
- Next, take 3 small pieces of scotch tape and place around each side of the fingernail, using the tape to cover anywhere from 1-3 millimeters of nail, past the cuticle. It is especially important that the base colour is dry for this step so that the tape does not remove any polish.
- Repeat this taping process on each nail, covering your preferred amount of outline with the tape.
- Next, paint your accent colour (the lightest polish) on the exposed area of the nail, letting it dry completely.
- Once the polish is set, carefully remove the tape, so as not to disturb the edges. Follow up with a strong topcoat and you’re good to go.
Image source: Necolebitchie.com