Bring out your arty side with this easy yet eye-catching nail art – the coveted watercolour manicure.
With our simple steps to achieve the look listed below, you’ve no reason not to get involved and indulge in a little creativity, so read on for tips to create ten tiny masterpieces that you can be proud to show off…
-A clear top coat
-White nail polish
-Four different nail polish colours
-One fine tipped nail art brush
1. Start by applying a white base coat onto your nails, finished by two coats of clear top coat. The top coat acts as a barrier between the white base colour and the acetone you’ll use later to get the watercolour effect, stopping you from ending up with bald spots.
2. Next, choose one of the coloured polishes and add tiny drops of it to each nail, using a ‘dabbing’ motion to get more of a water splotch look. Note that creamier polishes will work better than matte polishes for this look.
3. Dip your nail art brush into the acetone and dab it onto the drops of coloured polish.
4. Continue to use the acetone to thin and spread the polish, creating a runny watercolour effect.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 with the other colours on each nail, then finish the look with a final layer of top coat.
And there you have it – a work of art on each nail!
Image source: Chalkboardnails.com