The zig zag manicure is the perfect choice for a night out – especially when you really want your nails to take centre stage.
While it’s a little bit tricky to achieve, with a bit of patience and a few nail art tools, you’ll be rocking this exciting look in no time. See below how to achieve this Tip of the Week;
1. Firstly, prepare all the materials you’ll need: nail polishes, base and top coats, craft scissors and some tape. It’s best to have these all to hand before you start.
2. To start with, cut the tape into zig zag strips and put them to one side so they’re ready when you need them.
3. Next, prep your nails with a base coat. This will help your design stay on longer.
4. Paint your nails with one or two coats of any colour of nail polish and seal it with topcoat.
5. Once your base colour has dried, place the zig zag tape strips in the desired position on each nail. Make sure all edges are stuck down properly.
6. Next, paint over the nail and tape, with a different colour of polish. Paint one nail at a time and remove the strips straight after you finish painting, while the polish is still wet.
7. Lastly, when the polish has dried, seal your design with a finishing topcoat. And c’est tout – you’re now ready to show off your flashy zig zag nail art!
Send us your zig zag nail art attempts using the hashtags #SPICETV and #TIPOFTHEWEEK
Image Source: Thecraftyninja.com, Inkyournail.com