Taking care of your make up brushes is as good taking caring of your skin. Wonder why you get breakouts although you use the best skincare and cosmetic products? I could be that your make up brushes are in need of special, which should be a weekly ritual, especially if you use makeup just about every other day.
5 reasons why you need to care of your makeup brushes
- Taking care of your makeup brushes will keep then in good condition which in turn will save you money from having to get a new set every time.
- Makeup brushes collect dead skin cells and other wastes from your makeups which are dangerous to your skin.
- Imagine all these dirt storing in your make up brushes and the damages it will do to your skin in time i.e. acne, burns and other irritations.
- A clean makeup brush allows easy application of makeup.
- It’s the hygienic thing to do. So just do it!
What you need
- Lukewarm water
- A bowl
- A clean towel
- Essential oil
- Add tiny droplets of face cleanser on your brushes then carefully run lukewarm water it.
- In a bowl of lukewarm water, add shampoo and then wash with your hand.
N.P Be sure to wash carefully. You don’t want the ferrule of your brush.
- Wash until your brushes are clean
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water
Hot water will damage your brushes by making it frizzy and unusable.
- Shake off the excess water by rubbing the brush on a clean towel
- Run the wash brushes over clean face wipes, one at a time to get rid of stubborn stains
- Leave your brushes to dry.
When drying your brushes, make sure you put them heads down, so water doesn’t run into the ferrule, which will weaken the glue holding your brushes together.
- When your brushes are dried up, you can spray a tiny amount of essential oil over it to keep it moisturizer. (optional)