Hollywood actress, model and MUA, Fumi Desalu-Vold is so into her makeup, she couldn’t help but share her top 10 favourite brands and products with us at SPICE – and we’re so good to our readers, that we’re sharing them with you.
See this week’s Tuesday 10 by Ms Desalu-Vold, below; read our beauty interview with the star, here.
1. Everything by IMAN Cosmetics – her products are catered to women of colour and the foundations and powders are never ashy or too orange. She has amazing blushers and I always have one in my make-up bag.
2. I love Urban Decay cosmetics for their sensational pigmented eye shadows. I have their ‘Naked‘ palette 1, 2 & 3. Their ‘Vice 2’ palette is also amazing and I use any of these 4 palettes on a daily basis. Their eye pencils are also really good and I use their black eye pencil called ‘Perversion‘ (£19.00) every day. It’s by far the blackest eye pencil on the market today and yes, that includes MAC’s black eye pencil in ‘Smolder’.
3. And talking about MAC, what’s not to love? The vast variety of colours are amazing in blushers and shadows. Their pigments are fantastic and I always use them to highlight my cheekbones. All the rage from MAC right now are MAC’s lipstick in ‘Heroin‘ ($24.00), MAC’s highlighter in ‘Whisper of Gilt‘ ($54.99), MAC’s primer in any colour from the Paint Pot Collection, MAC’s eye shadow in ‘Swiss Chocolate‘ ($24.50) and MAC’s mist spray called ‘Fix +‘ ($28.50), (which) sets your make-up and minimises shine.
4. Fashion Fair cosmetics have really improved from my days as a young model and my to-go-to lip gloss is called ‘Liquid Silver‘ ($18.00) – it’s soo beautiful. There’s not a single time I wear it, that I don’t get a compliment.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills cosmetics are known for their flawless eyebrows to the Hollywood stars. DipBrow Pomade, available in a variety of colours, is the holy grail to beautiful eye brows. I wear mine in ‘Ebony‘ ($18.00) everyday.
6. I cannot even begin to think about applying my make-up without my little genius called The Beauty Blender ($3.30). It’s a pink egg shaped sponge that you use while damp to apply foundation or powder. It gives me that air-brushed look every single time. I love, love, love this product!
7. The PORE fessional ($5.99) by Benefit cosmetics instantly diminishes the appearance of open pores to give you that smooth finish you see in fashion magazines. I carry a sample in my bag.
8. Of all the mascaras that I’ve bought, there has nothing that has come even close to the ‘Waterproof Voluminous Carbon Black‘ ($5.70) mascara by L’Oreal.
9. Another drugstore brand that I love is Rimmel. They make a beautiful eye liner in the colour ‘Nude‘ ($3.49), that I use on my water line. Instantly your eyes look bigger and whiter.
10. Last but not least, is the Ben Nye loose powder in ‘Banana‘ ($22.99) – I use this to set my makeup.
Words: Fumi Desalu-Vold
Image source: Fumi Desalu-Vold,