World Diabetes Day is the world’s largest diabetes awareness campaign reaching a global audience of over 1 billion people in more than 160 countries. … World Diabetes Day was created in 1991 by IDF and the World Health Organization in response to growing concerns about the escalating health threat posed by diabetes.
In honor of the world diabetes day, we will he sharing various way in which you can control your blood sugar level and stay healthy.
- Exercising is one of the safest and most effective ways to reduce and keep your blood sugar in check. It helps your muscles use blood sugar for energy and muscle contraction. It also helps you lose weight and increase insulin sensitivity.
- Low carb diets helps control blood sugar level. So it is important for you to be mindful of your carb intake because the body breaks down carbs into sugars and then insulin moves the sugar into the cells.
- High fiber intake slows down carb digestion and also helps manage type 1 diabetes by improving blood sugar control and reducing blood sugar. The recommended daily intake of fiber is about 25 grams for women and 38 grams for men. That’s about 14 grams for every 1,000 calories.
- Staying hydrated helps your kidney flush out excess sugar through urine. Drinking water and non-caloric drinks also helps reduce diabetic risk and lower blood sugar level.
- It is important to Get enough quality sleep and control your stress level. Because stress and inadequate sleep can affect your blood sugar levels.
- Studies show that vinegar significantly influences your body’s response to sugars and improves insulin sensitivity. But before you incorporate apple cider vinegar. Your diet, be sure to check with your doctor, to make sure you are not already on medications that lower blog sugar.
Source: International Diabetic Foundation and Healthline.com